You can view a full gallery of photos from the MLS All-Star Game events on our Facebook page. Just click here.
Pedal Crawler teamed up with Microsoft again to go way above and beyond our last marketing activation with them back in May. Rather than one soccer game, we would be doing a five day, city-wide event in Kansas City culminating in the internationally watched Major League Soccer All-Star Game at the Sporting KC arena.
The activation would be complete with concerts, parades, VIP events, pedicab, giant touch screen TVs, tents, and thousands of Kansas City urbanites and soccer fans. What more could you want?
To really blow it out of the park for Microsoft following the successful activation at New York Red Bulls game in May, we developed a new idea to utilize custom clamping devices to mount twelve Microsoft Surface RT tablets to the Pedal Crawler. This would allow the brand ambassadors on board the ability to easily demonstrate Windows 8 to a dozen people at once while riding — instantly multiplying the marketing effect of the Pedal Crawler.
From Saturday, July 27 through Tuesday, July 30, the Pedal Crawler with Windows 8 and MLS branding could be seen pedaling down the streets of Kansas City all day and night. Whether downtown or at one of the concerts, happy riders on board and onlookers constantly took photos and uploading them to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Pedalers had great fun while playing with the tablets loaded with Windows 8, and after four days Microsoft was able to obtain hundreds of customer surveys giving them feedback on the product.
Then, on Wednesday, July 31, the MLS All-Star Game happened. For the three hours before the game, hundreds of people literally swamped the Pedal Crawler, and we had a constant stream of a dozen people doing trials of Windows 8 on the new tablets. The two brand ambassadors on board could barely keep up!
With over 500 trials in just three hours on game day, the marketing activation with Microsoft was a huge success.
What we did:
- Transported the Pedal Crawler from Arizona to Kansas City, Missouri.
- Had the vehicle completely wrapped with Microsoft’s Windows 8 and MLS branding, including background color and logos.
- Utilized custom clamping devices to mount a dozen Microsoft Surface RT tablets to the Pedal Crawler, creating a completely new experiential marketing experience.
- Worked with the activation’s marketing team to coordinate logistics and scheduling for daily events.
- Provided full staffing to operate and maintain the Pedal Crawler for four days of events in Kansas City, Missori, and the game-day activation at the Sporting KC Arena.
- Ensured a fun, new experience for riders to ensure an increased positive response toward Windows 8 and meet goals for trials and surveys.
Interested in leasing a Pedal Crawler for your marketing activation? Give us a call directly at (877) 817-7804 or email email@example.com to learn more!